Our clinicians have a careful and artistic eye as well as years of clinical experience. More and more types of anti-ageing treatments are being brought into 32dental Studio.
If you’re considering Wrinkle Relaxing Injections, the most important considerations should be your safety, the expertise of your practitioner and the products being used. When injected into the problem area, it freezes muscle movement by blocking neuro-transmitters for a period of 4-6 months, so the treatment needs to be administered a few times a year to maintain the curative affects.
Botox treatment should be undertaken by a qualified medical professional (preferably a dental surgeon as they have better needle control and handwork, understand the face better, and inject almost 100 times more than medical doctors) as it is very important to get the right amount in the right area to avoid asymmetrical results, muscle drooping, frozen expressions and potentially dangerous consequences. Administered properly there are not many known problems associated with the treatment. If the Botox treatment is stopped the muscles will begin to function normally and the ageing process will resume.
Wrinkles and facial lines result from ageing and most commonly, muscle activity. Lines that result from facial expression/ muscle activity, are found in 3 main areas, which are the target areas for treatment.
- Frown Lines
- Crow’s feet (Smile Lines – around the eyes)
Botox relaxes the muscles in these areas by stopping the nerve sending signals to the muscles to contract. This in turn improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkled, giving a glowing appearance.
Botox Treatment Costs:
The three standard treatment areas are frown, forehead & crow’s feet
- Free consultation with our specialist team.
- Three Areas: 30,000 KShs.
- Fourth Area: (Peri-oral lip or smoker’s lines) Corrected using dermal fillers – Free with three areas.
- Fifth Area: (Bunny lines at the side of the upper nose) Corrected using Botox only – Free with three areas.
- Sixth Area: Marionette lines – Corrected using dermal filler (corners of the mouth) -Free with three areas.
- Patient history, consent form and Records – A detailed form concerning your general well-being and health is duly filled and consent for treatment signed. Pictures are then taken for record purposes before start of treatment.
- A detailed form concerning your general well-being and health is duly filled and consent for treatment signed. Pictures are then taken for record purposes before start of treatment.
- Botox injections
- Usually done under a topical aesthetic. They are very superficial, painless and quick.
Review & Recall
The results are not obvious immediately and take about 10 – 14 days and last between 3- 4 months. We therefore review after 2 weeks and recall you for your next treatment 4 months later.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water
- No vigorous exercise for 24hrs
- No sunbed/ direct sun exposure for 2 weeks
- No facial treatments for 24hrs
- No rubbing or massage around the injection sites
- Minimal swelling in areas
- Bruising if inject into vein – (resolves within 10 – 14 days)
- Raised eyebrows – did not compensate for area injected – (reviewed on follow up appointment)
- Usually minimal side effects