Fillers are used to lift, and plump the face and also to remove lines and wrinkles. Fillers are made of a clear gel called ‘Hyaluronic Acid’, it is found normally in the skin and the quantities naturally reduce as we age. Once injected water binds to it increasing its volume. Replacing it improves the skin’s elasticity and tone. Fillers are broken down naturally, so patients do need further treatments, initially every 6 -9 months, though less filler is generally used for repeat treatments.
Filler treatment fees:
Standard treated areas are lips, deep groove at the nasiolabial fold / “smile lines” and peri Oral lines/wrinkles around the mouth Raised eyebrows which did not compensate for area injected – (reviewed on follow up appointment).
- Free consultation with our specialist team.
- 0.5 ml KShs.
- First 1ml KShs.
- Second 1ml KShs.
- Third 1ml KShs.
- An assessment and evaluation of your skin type, problematic areas and desire is done.
- Patient history, consent form and records will be taken.
- Filler injections.
- Usually done under a topical aesthetic and very superficial, which are generally painless and quick.
Review & Recall
The results are not obvious immediately and take about 10 – 14 days and last between 3- 4 months. We therefore review after 2 weeks and recall you for your next treatment 4 months later.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water.
- No vigorous exercise for 24 hours.
- No sunbeds / direct sun exposure / limited for 2 weeks.
- No facial treatments for 24 hours.
- No rubbing or massage around the injection sites.
- Minimal swelling in areas.
- Bruising if inject into vein – (resolves within 10 – 14 days).
- Raised eyebrows which did not compensate for area injected – (reviewed on follow up appointment).
- Usually minimal side effects.